Some Windows users that have Microsoft 365 or Microsoft Office installed on their Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer may encounter the issue whereby Outlook crashes when creating a new profile. If you’re facing similar issue, the solutions provided in this post will help you resolve the issue.
When this issue occurs when you try to create a new Outlook profile, in the Application log in Event Viewer, you may find one or more crash signatures registered as Event ID 1000. You’re most likely to encounter the issue in highlight due to one or more of the following reasons:
- You run Outlook 2016 on Windows 10.
- You have a proxy server configured in Internet Explorer.
- You have Folder Redirection enabled.
- The ProxySettingsPerUser registry key is missing on your system.
Outlook crashes when creating a new profile
If Outlook crashes when creating a new profile on your Windows 11/10 PC, you can try our recommended solutions in the order presented below to resolve the issue on your system.
- Run Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant
- Modify (add ProxySettingsPerUser key) the registry
- Turn off Automatically detect settings
- Repair/Reset/Reinstall Outlook
Let’s take a look at the description of the process involved concerning each of the listed solutions.
Before you proceed with the solutions below, make sure you manually update Microsoft Office on your Windows 11/10 device and see if you can create the new Outlook profile without issues. In addition, you can try the fixes in the guide on how to fix Outlook problems and see if something in the post helps.
1] Run Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant
You can begin troubleshooting to fix Outlook crashes when creating a new profile issue on your Windows 11/10 PC by running the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant tool. The command-line version of SaRA is also available.
The tool can help you with Outlook if:
Continue with the next solution if the automated tool wasn’t helpful.
2] Modify (add ProxySettingsPerUser key) the registry
As already indicated, if the ProxySettingsPerUser registry key is missing on your system you may encounter the issue you’re currently facing. In this case, to resolve this issue, you need to add the missing registry data.
- At the location, on the right pane, if the ProxySettingsPerUser registry key is present, exit Registry Editor and try the next solution.
If the key is not present, right-click on the blank space on the right pane and then select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value to create the registry key and then rename the key as ProxySettingsPerUser and hit Enter.
- Double-click on the new entry to edit its properties.
- Input 1 (Proxy applied per user) or 2 (Proxy applied for all users) in the Value data field per your requirement.
- Click OK or hit Enter to save the change.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Restart PC.
On boot check if the issue is resolved. If not, continue with the next solution.
3] Turn off Automatically detect settings
This solution requires you to turn off Automatically detect settings in Proxy settings on your Windows 11/10 PC. To perform this task, you can foillow the instructions in the guide on how to disable Proxy or Prevent changing Proxy settings.
Alternatively, you can disable automatic configuration in LAN settings to achieve the same result – to do this, proceed as follows:
- Open Run dialog, type inetcpl.cpl and hit Enter to open Internet Properties.
- In Internet Properties sheet, click the Connections tab.
- Select LAN settings.
- Now, uncheck Automatically detect settings option.
- Click OK > OK to exit and save changes.
This setting can also be configured by following the instructions in Solution 2]. But this time, navigate to the registry path below:
And at the location on the right pane assign the value 0 to the DWORD AutoDetect. If the key is not present, create the registry key accordingly.
4] Repair/Reset/Reinstall Outlook
At this point, if none of the solutions above has worked for you in resolving the issue in focus, you can Repair/Reset/Reinstall Outlook client in that order and see if that helps.
You can repair Office Outlook via the Settings app on Windows 11/10. To perform this task, do the following:
- Open Settings for Windows 11/10
- Select Apps and Features.
- Scroll to find your Microsoft Office installation.
- Click on the entry and click on Modify.
- On the popup dialog, choose Quick Repair or Online Repair.
- Click on the Repair button.
Alternatively, you can also repair Microsoft Outlook on your Windows 11/10 PC via Control Panel – here’s how:
- Open Control Panel.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Right-click the Office program that you want to repair, and select Change.
- Next, click Repair > Continue. Office will start repairing the apps.
- Restart PC after the repair operation completes.
You can reset Outlook and see if the issue in hand is resolved if the repair operation wasn’t helpful. And in the event the reset didn’t work either, you can uninstall Office and then reinstall Office suite on your system.
Hope this helps!
Related post: Fix Outlook crashes when sending an email
What to do if Outlook keeps crashing?
If Outlook keeps crashing on your Windows 11/10 PC, follow these procedure to resolve the issue:
- Exit Outlook.
- Open a Run dialog box.
- Type Outlook /safe, and then click OK.
- If the issue is fixed, click Options on the File menu, and then click Add-Ins.
- Select COM Add-ins, and then click Go.
- Click to clear all the check boxes in the list, and then click OK.
- Restart Outlook.
How do I delete my Outlook profile and create a new one?
To delete your Outlook profile and create a new one, do the following:
- Open Control Panel.
- Click Mail to bring up a list of your current profiles.
- Next, click on the profile you need to delete.
- Click Remove.
- Once you’ve removed your incorrect profile, click Add to add the correct profile.
How do I rebuild my Outlook 365 profile?
To repair or rebuild profile from Outlook Desktop application, follow these steps:
- Click File on the menu bar.
- Select Account Settings, and then select Account Settings again in the drop down menu.
- In the Email tab, select the account you wish to repair and click Repair.
- Select Next.
- Outlook will complete the setup for your account.
What happens when you create new Outlook profile?
A profile is a set of emails and settings that Outlook app for Windows uses to remember where your email is stored. When Outlook is started for the first time a profile is automatically created. Deleting a profile deletes all email accounts stored in that profile. Any .pst file associated with that profile will remain on your computer, but in order to access that data, you’ll have to open the Personal Folders File from within another profile.
Source of this news: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/fix-outlook-crashes-when-creating-a-new-profile
By the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “ Load Osciller Market : Completo Industry Trends, Share, Dimension, Growth, Opportunity and Predict 2021-2026 , ” the market to grow at ...
Australian Cyber Security CentreBackground / What has happened?The ACSC is tracking three vulnerabilities (CVE-2021-34473, CVE-2021-34523, CVE-2021-31207 known collectively as ProxyShell) in Microsof...
Atomos often is previewing Cloud Studio, the most current cloud-based workflow for livestreamers, filmmakers, and content producers, at NAB 2022. The marriage between Atomos and Mavis has a...
Mod edit, drew from General Security with regard to Networking ~ iMacg3 "Unable to find the proxy server" error message Opened Tor phone Received burrada, "Unable to find the proxy server" ...
This behavior tutorial is about the How one can Fix ‘PUBG Mobile Hardware is Busy’ Issue. Heading to try our best so that you understand this manual. I hope you like this blog How to Deal with ...
MIRAT offers a 14-day Free Trial of its monitoring services in order to corporations, government departments, not-for-profit firms, small and medium-sized enterprises , pu...
The State of Credential Stuffing Attacks Credential stuffing has become a preferred tactic among dig...
Windows 11 is here now! If you have installed Windows 11 on your computer and are feeling overwhelmed by it, then don’t you worry – This easy-to-understand tutorial will help you sort everything! Win...
Receiving captchas that require you to confirm that you are not a robot can be annoying. Especially, when you get combinations of symbols that are so blurred that you can’t write them down properly ...
For ten days in March, millions were caught in the same massive spam campaign. Each email looked like it came from someone the recipient knew: the spammer took stolen email addresses and passwords, q...
On Friday night in San Diego, the Padres got an all-too rare glimpse of the version of Blake Snell that they hoped they had traded for in December. Facing the Mets — admittedly, an injury-weakened ve...
(Bloomberg) -- Alphawave IP Group Plc sank as much as 15% after the sacrifice of fowl.|leaving the|a|using} 856 million-pound ($1. a pair of billion) initial public funding on the London Stock Ex...
A new family Malware Straight away appears and attacks finally the systems running under this kind of Linux . The malware lurks and as well , delivers in Linux services with a legitimate ...
Having the dream alive. Ah, P. T. Hideo Kojima's wonderful "playable teaser" was designed to spark a new Still stilly noiseless soundless hushed mute Hill game starring Each Walking D...
You heard it right – Kratos and Atreus might finally be coming to PC if this new God of War leak is correct. 2018’s God of War was one of the best games of the last console generation but, because of...
Threat actors are actively exploiting Microsoft Exchange servers using the ProxyShell vulnerability to install backdoors for later access.The three vulnerabilities, listed below, were discovered by D...
Everyone has heard of web scraping at some point or another, the process of collecting information from the internet. Scraping could be anything, from copying and pasting a piece of text t...
Condensed consolidated income statement (unaudited) Six months ended June 30,2021 June 30,2020 £000s (except per share information) Revenue ...