This tutorial is about the Fix ‘The Proxy Server Refusing Connections Error’ Message. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog Fix ‘The Proxy Server Refusing Connections Error’ Message. If your answer is yes then please do share after reading this.
Table of contents
Check Fix ‘The Proxy Server Refusing Connections Error’ Message
Could it be said that you cannot connect to the Internet because you get the error message “The intermediary server is refusing connections” in Mozilla Firefox? Assuming it is, just sit back and relax. There is an exceptionally basic solution to address this problem. This is an issue related to incorrect proxy server settings in Firefox.
Fix ‘The proxy server is refusing the connection error’ message
Force Firefox to automatically detect proxy settings
It turns out that this particular problem can also occur due to the way Firefox is configured to treat proxy servers by default. Unlike many of the other proxy servers, Firefox will not adopt the system-wide proxy services that are used for the network you are currently connected to. Fortunately, you can modify the default settings to force the browser to automatically detect proxy settings for this network, which will eventually resolve the issue.
Several affected users have confirmed that this operation finally allowed affected users to visit all websites without encountering the “Proxy server is refusing connections” error. Here is a quick guide on how to access Mozilla Firefox’s Network Settings and modify the Default Connection Settings so that the HTTP proxy and port of the entire network are adopted.
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser and click the action button in the top right section of the screen. In the context menu that just appeared, click Options.
- Once you are inside the Options tab, select the General category in the vertical menu on the left, then use the menu on the right side to scroll down to Network Settings. When you get there, click Settings to bring up the advanced menu.
- After you manage to reveal the Connection Settings menu, simply toggle the toggle associated with Configure Internet Access to ‘Use system proxy settings’.
- As soon as you make this modification, click OK to save the changes, then restart your browser and try to access the same web page that was failing earlier.
In case the same “Proxy server is refusing connections” error still occurs, please move down to the next potential solution below.
Add SSL port URL to allowed list (if applicable)
Another scenario that will cause this issue is a situation where the end user tries to access a URL that contains an alternate port for an SSL connection. Some proxy solutions, including EdgeWave iPrism, will treat this as a potential security breach. If this scenario is applicable, you can resolve the issue by going to your proxy server settings and adding the port as an alternate SSL port.
Of course, the steps to do this will be very different depending on the Proxy solution you are using. But to make things easier for you, here is a general guide that you can use to add the blocked SSL port to the allowed list.
- Examine the URL that triggers the “Proxy server is refusing connections” error to see if it contains any evidence of a port being actively used.
- After you manage to identify the problematic port, open your proxy settings and look for a setting that allows you to add the port as an alternate SSL port.
- Once you do this, save your settings and restart your computer.
- Once the next boot is complete, see if the problem is resolved on the next computer boot.
In case this issue is still not resolved after following the instructions below or this method is not applicable, please move on to the next potential solution.
Switch to an HTTPS proxy (if applicable)
You may also encounter the error “The proxy server is refusing connections” when trying to access an FTP site through an HTTP proxy. Unlike HTTPS proxy servers, HTTP proxy servers do not allow this. If this scenario is applicable, you can resolve the issue by switching to an HTTPS proxy solution that ensures end-to-end secure communications. In case you don’t want to pay for a premium service, you can use this site to find viable SSL proxy servers that you can use. In case you cannot find the problem when trying to access a site with FTP functionality, please move on to the next possible solution below.
Disable built-in proxy server (if applicable)
Another scenario that will end up causing this issue is if a proxy server is enabled in your local area network (LAN) settings without your knowledge. Even if you are willingly using a dedicated Proxy solution, you should use a trick in the Internet Properties tab and see if you are not actually using two proxies at the same time. This regularly occurs after a computer has been attacked by malware or adware. Some viruses will deliberately adjust your proxy settings to redirect you to spam advertisements. Many affected users reported that they managed to completely fix the issue after disabling the built-in proxy feature in the Internet Properties tab.
How to disable the built-in proxy in Windows 10
- Open a Run dialog box and press Windows Key + R. Next, type ‘ms-settings:network-proxy’ and press Enter to open the Proxy tab of the Settings menu.
- Once you’re inside the Proxy tab, use the menu on the right side to scroll down to the Manual Proxy Settings section and disable the toggle associated with Use a proxy server.
- Once this tweak is applied, restart your computer and see if the issue is resolved on the next computer startup.
How to disable the built-in proxy in Windows 7, Windows 8.1
- Press Windows Key + R to open a Run dialog. Inside the text box, type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ inside the text box and press Enter to open the Internet Properties tab.
- After opening the Internet Properties tab, select the Connections tab in the horizontal menu at the top, then click LAN Settings (under Local Area Network LAN Settings).
- Once you manage to get into the local area network (LAN) settings menu, go to the proxy server settings and uncheck the box associated with ‘Use a proxy server for your LAN’
- Once the proxy server has been disabled, restart your computer and see if the problem is resolved on the next computer startup.
In case the “Proxy server is refusing connections” error persists, move down to the next potential fix below.
Uninstall the VPN client (if applicable)
It turns out that Firefox does not have a specific error message that points to a problem caused by a VPN network. So, in case you are using a VPN client which really makes it easy for this issue to appear, you can expect to get the same error message (Proxy server is refusing connections).
If this scenario is applicable, you can resolve the issue simply by disabling the VPN client that is causing the issue. If that’s not an option, the only remaining option is to uninstall the VPN solution entirely. In case you have run out of options, here is a quick guide on how to uninstall the VPN client from your computer.
- Press Windows Key + R to open a Run dialog box. Inside the text box, type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and press Enter to open the Programs and Features screen. When prompted by the UAC (User Account Control), click Yes to grant administrative privileges.
- Inside the Programs and Features screen, scroll down the list of installed apps and locate the VPN client you are actively using. After you manage to find the VPN solution, right-click on it and choose Uninstall from the newly appeared context menu.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the uninstall, then restart your computer and see if the problem is resolved at the next system startup.
Final words: Fix ‘The Proxy Server Refusing Connections Error’ Message
I hope you understand this article Fix ‘The Proxy Server Refusing Connections Error’ Message, if your answer is no then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes then please share this article with your family and friends.
Source of this news: https://www.bollyinside.com/articles/fix-the-proxy-server-refusing-connections-error-message/
Put is a rule-based proxy program with multiple proxy method support. tutorial Handle TCP / UDP / ICMP traffic and simply forward to any proxy - Native UI dash to display HTTP / HTTPS / TCP re...
Been finding how to fix this, This only happens in my second Account not my Adminstrator account. Please help i might be in danger because i work at online! &...
Boaz Weinstein’s rigid, Saba Investments , specializes in targeting closed-end moolah , taking sizable the price reduction positions and initiating proxy fights to force usually the firms to liqu...
This skill tutorial is about the Approach to Fix ‘Some Websites Definitely Opening’ Issue in Browser. I would like to try our best so that you understand this facts. I hope you like this blog H...
When you think about VPNs, gaming consoles don’t usually come to mind. A VPN is a type of cybersecurity software that sends your web traffic on a detour through an encrypted tunnel and away from your...
Introduction NSO Group claims that its Pegasus spyware is only used to “investigate terrorism and crime” and “leaves no traces whatsoever”. This Forensic Methodology Report shows that neither o...
In print Tuesday, Sep. 14, 2021, 11: 00 am Join the system AFP's 100, 000+ proponents on Delicious Sale made a request to AFP Subscribe to AFP podcasts on iTunes and after that Spot...
Dallas Invents is a weekly look at U.S. patents granted with a connection to the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington metro area. Listings include patents granted to local assignees and/or those with a N...
The truth is, most websites have a limit to the number of requests sent from the same IP address within a given time frame. Exceeding the rate limit will get your address blocked, and the connection...
There are many sites set up for less than different domain names and can be accessible from different regions of the planet. Furthermore, all the original posts available from the Pirate Fres...
It was not more than a matter of time. While multifactor authentication (MFA) makes taking into systems safer, this can doesn’t make it “safe. ” As well-known hacker Kevin Mitnick of KnownBe4...
New ZE Loader Targets Online Banking Users <!-- --> IBM Trusteer closely follows developments in th...
In effect, Croatia is trying to encircle the dog's Arab enemies, chief on these Saudi Arabia, by installing a friendly regime in their backyard. Quite a few Arabian Peninsula states, Yemen is the...
Oracle today announced a new range of Arm compute instances based on Ampere’s ARM processors along with the tools and support to accelerate Arm-based application development. The new Arm offerings c...
Streaming has improved the world of entertainment. With a considerable list of movies and Series available on demand, Netflix has pushed the world by storm. Any of the content is neatly built...
We all love the immense benefits and convenience that comes with quickly accessing the internet. Some people are never concerned about the inherent danger caused by identity theft and data security b...
On April 12, following the ODVA press conference, the organization announced a batch of three exciting news including the extension of EtherNet/IP network to in-cabinet resource-constr...
The Delta variant (B.1.617.2) of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) was first detected in India and is currently replacing the variants circulating in Europe, the USA, and m...