A server is a computer or system that is designed to behave as a repository and provide computing resources, services, data and programs to other computers (clients) connected to the network. Technically, whenever a computer shares resources with a client, it is considered a server. This also means a system can act as a client and server simultaneously.
There are several types of servers — file servers, print servers, application servers, Domain Name System (DNS) servers, mail servers, web servers, database servers, virtual servers, proxy servers and monitoring and management servers. Each server type performs different functions and a network may consist of one or more servers and/or server types.
The amount of data that we are consuming is growing with each passing day. Enterprises are scaling to accommodate increasing infrastructure needs and multiple servers are being added to networks. Manually handling tasks associated with critical applications and server management is cumbersome and costly.
Employing network server management software can help information technology (IT) administrators streamline the management of network health and improve the efficiency, security and uptime of network servers.
How to Choose Network Server Management Software
When choosing a network server management tool, here is what you should consider:
- A server management tool must visualize data. A centralized view of your network across all servers makes it easy to monitor and manage network health.
- Server management software must provide process automation. This includes lightweight task automation and critical task handling.
- Built-in analytics capabilities and reporting are a must. This will help you quickly identify the root cause of a network irregularity or inefficiency and take action to resolve the issue.
Here is all you should know about LogicMonitor and ManageEngine OpManager.
LogicMonitor is a unified network monitoring platform for your networking equipment and IT infrastructure. The platform provides a 360-degree view of your network with custom dashboards and powerful visualizations so you can promptly identify and troubleshoot issues.
Whether resources are on-premises, in the cloud or spread across multiple data centers, LogicMonitor’s lightweight, agentless collector enables you to automatically discover everything about your network.
All you have to do is enter an IP address or hostname and within minutes you will receive the monitoring, graphing and alerting you need to monitor, maintain and optimize network infrastructure.
- Monitoring via IPFIX, NBAR2, WMI, sFlow, NetFlow, jFlow and/or SNMP.
- Monitoring for firewalls, switches, routers, load balancers, wireless devices, etc.
- Support for software-defined networking (SD-WAN) and cloud-based networks. LogicMonitor works in collaboration with Cisco SD-WAN product teams to ensure you can monitor and manage the performance and health of traditional and next-generation infrastructure within a sole platform.
- Dashboards, intelligent anomaly detection and alerting, root cause analysis and network topology mapping provide detailed insights into network performance and help identify performance bottlenecks and bandwidth issues.
- Root cause analysis and intelligent anomaly detection and alerting distinguish service impacting alerts from non-service impacting alerts. This reduces alert noise and helps you streamline workflows.
- Automated setup and configuration with the active discovery of new devices.
- With built-in integrations for tools like Slack, HipChat, PagerDuty, Connectwise, Autotask and ServiceNow, you can streamline workflows and keep your teams connected.
- You can identify performance trends with pre-configured alert thresholds.
- Offers a free 14-day trial for unlimited devices.
ManageEngine OpManager Overview
ManageEngine OpManager Plus is an end-to-end network management software that offers a unified approach to manage and scale multi-vendor enterprise infrastructures. The solution provides in-depth visibility into the working of critical network resources like servers, virtual servers, switches, network devices, WAN or VoIP links, etc.
Application Manager provides critical information such as threat count and PGSQL database details, CPU and memory usage, etc. This information is crucial to track the performance of OpManager Plus.
Other features include storage monitoring, bandwidth and traffic analysis, configuration management, firewall management and forensic log analysis and IP address and switch port management.
ManageEngine OpManager Features
- You can track and manage firewall rules and policies, enforce role-based access control, ensure critical compliance standards are met, push configuration changes across connected devices and track and monitor proxy servers and VPNs in real time.
- You can track the performance of on-premises and cloud infrastructure and perform code-level diagnostics.
- You can monitor the performance metrics of over 1,000 network devices. You can manage IP addresses and switch ports, analyze and improve network traffic patterns and track network bandwidth consumption.
- Advanced bandwidth monitoring capabilities include support for AppFlow, NetStream, IPFIX, jFlow, sFlow and NetFlow and enable you to gain real-time visibility into bandwidth performance.
- You can track over 100 server performance metrics, including health and availability, for a variety of vendor server infrastructure models. These include VMware, Cisco, Hyper-V, Dell, etc.
- You can leverage advanced security assessment module (ASAM) for flow-based anomaly detection and network behavior analysis.
- An integrated dashboard with visualization tools like 3D floor views and business views provides in-depth, real-time visibility.
- Instant alerts via multiple channels like email, SMS and Slack help in proactive fault detection.
- The solution provides over 200 built-in reports for advanced performance analytics.
- Pricing plans and quotes are available on request.
LogicMonitor vs ManageEngine OpManager
Here is a head-to-head comparison of LogicMonitor and ManageEngine OpManager Plus:
As the table above indicates, LogicMonitor is an all-around network server management software, offering a unified platform for network monitoring and management. Its many features include advanced AIOps capabilities like anomaly detection, root cause analysis and dynamic thresholds, auto-generated topology mapping, and more than 2,000 integrations to better understand how your network is affecting service delivery. Overall, the solution is easy to use and intuitive.
ManageEngine OpManager Plus is packed with out-of-the-box capabilities for monitoring and managing the performance of critical IT resources. The solution eliminates the need for multiple monitoring tools and removes operational bottlenecks, provides greater IT infrastructure visibility and helps optimize and gain maximum output from network resources.
Gauge the effectiveness of both network server management tools and integrate the solution that best meets your enterprise needs.
Read next: The Future of Network Management with AIOps
Source of this news: https://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/management/network-server-management-logicmonitor-vs-manageengine-opmanager/
Attackers are positively trying to exploit CVE-2020-5902, a key vulnerability affecting F5 Networks ‘ BIG-IP multi-purpose web 2 . 0 devices, to install coin-miners, IoT malware, or to scrape dean...
Day-after-day, the ProgrammableWeb team typically is busy, updating its 3 or more primary directories for APIs , happy clientele (language-specific the library or SDKs for using or providing ...
The auto industry is quick to entertain new ideas but slower to implement them. Although Robert Bosch perfected diesel fuel injection in the 1920s, it was decades before the technology made it into t...
If you have been on the Internet long enough, you might have heard about cookies once in a while. But what exactly is a cookie? Do they our data? How can we delete them? Here we will try to answer ea...
There are many different various manufacturing software available for smaller businesses. The type of software you choose through the specific needs of your community. Some common features ...
Few 1 . 51 billion IoT breaches occurred from The month of january to June, most when telnet remote access project. IoT cyberattacks more than doubled year-on-year during the first 50 % of 2...
VMware on Tuesday published a new bulletin warning of as many as 19 vulnerabilities in vCenter Server and Cloud Foundation appliances that a remote attacker could exploit to take control of an ...
With high-profile cyberattacks growing in frequency, industry has become all too aware of the potential dark side of internet-connected devices. While plant-floor networks were once air-gapped to sep...
INDIA, January 6, 2021 /EINPresswire.com/ -- The best anonymous browsers and privacy tools will help safeguard your data against unauthorized collection and use by third-parties. This is increasingly...
PASADENA, Calif. & SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul 22, 2021--Heliogen and Bloom Energy (NYSE: BE) today announced plans to produce green hydrogen using only concentrated solar power and w...
In this tutorial, you'll use Burp Repeater to reissue an interesting request over and over again. This lets you study the target website's response to different input without having to intercept the...
Decision-making function businesses is a data-driven concern. Companies monitor their competitors’ moves and websites distinguish what they can change in their when working. They also collect dat...
The State of Credential Stuffing Attacks Credential stuffing has become a preferred tactic among dig...
Although a year late, the anachronistically named Tokyo 2020 Olympics are finally here. They’re the fourth Olympic Games held in Japan, but only the second Summer Olympics after Tokyo 1964. A lot of...
Management should update Microsoft Exchange outcome of attacks. After successful disorder, attackers can execute known dangerous code. Security updates have been used since May and July. After...
Due to Ryan Morris-Reade, Thu 14 Oct 2021 Portworx by Pure Garden has released a new data therapy platform, PX-Backup 2 . one Portworx has also released investigate data assessing end-user c...
Private proxies in the USA are changing those proxy industry for the better. Adult men and women choose private proxies as a substitute to shared proxies because they are super reliable and secur...
Netflix is considered to be the king of entertainment as it is ruling over the online streaming industry. As the service is focused on providing the most enjoyable streaming experience with the lar...