Shotcut is a free, open source, cross-platform video editor for Windows, Mac and Linux. Major features include support for a wide range of formats; no import required meaning native timeline editing; Blackmagic Design support for input and preview monitoring; and resolution support to 4k.
- Trimming on source clip player or timeline with ripple option
- Append, insert, overwrite, lift, and ripple delete editing on the timeline
- 3-point editing
- Hide, mute, and lock track controls
- Multitrack timeline with thumbnails and waveforms
- Unlimited undo and redo for playlist edits including a history view
- Create, play, edit, save, load, encode, and stream MLT XML projects (with auto-save)
- Save and load trimmed clip as MLT XML file
- Load and play complex MLT XML file as a clip
- Drag-n-drop files from file manager
- Scrubbing and transport control
- Video compositing across video tracks
- HTML5 (sans audio and video) as video source and filters
- 3-way (shadows, mids, highlights) color wheels for color correction and grading
- Eye dropper tool to pick neutral color for white balancing
- Fade in/out audio and fade video from and to black with easy-to-use fader controls on timeline
- Video wipe transitions:
- bar, barn door, box, clock (radial), diagonal, iris, matrix, and custom gradient image
- Track compositing/blending modes:
- Over, Add, Saturate, Multiply, Screen, Overlay, Darken, Dodge, Burn, Hard Light, Soft Light, Difference, Exclusion, HSL Hue, HSL Saturation, HSL Color, HSL Luminosity.
- Video Filters:
- Alpha Channel: Adjust, Alpha Channel: View, Blur, Brightness, Chroma Key: Advanced, Chroma Key: Simple, Contrast, Color Grading, Crop, Diffusion, Glow, Invert Colors, Key Spill: Advanced, Key Spill: Simple, Mirror, Old Film: Dust, Old Film: Grain, Old Film: Projector, Old Film: Scratches, Old Film: Technocolor, Opacity, Rotate, Rutt-Etra-Izer, Saturation, Sepia Tone, Sharpen, Size and Position, Stabilize, Text, Vignette, Wave, White Balance
- Speed effect for audio/video clips
- Blackmagic Design SDI and HDMI for input and preview monitoring
- Leap Motion for jog/shuttle control
- Webcam capture
- Audio capture to system audio card
- Capture (record) SDI, HDMI, webcam (V4L2), JACK audio, PulseAudio, IP stream, X11 screen, and Windows DirectShow devices
- Multi-core parallel image processing (when not using GPU and frame-dropping is disabled)
- DeckLink SDI keyer output
- OpenGL GPU-based image processing with 16-bit floating point linear per color component
Shotcut 21.05.18 fixes:
- Fixed a “requires newer version” dialog appears when opening a corrupt project.
- Fixed some systems unable to load video clips by downgrading FFmpeg to version 4.2.
- Fixed crash with File > Open MLT XML as Clip.
- Fixed “INVALID” appears in export after Copy Timeline to Source or with old project that includes MLT XML as Clip.
- Fixed many extra keyframes are created as video plays for any filter with on-video controls: Text: Simple, Text: Rich,
- Timer, Audio Visualization, Size Position & Rotate, Crop: Rectangle or Cirle, Spot Remover, etc.
- Fixed Settings > Use JACK Audio.
- Changed export jobs to use melt-7 on Linux.
- Added changing a Keyframes parameter’s vertical zoom range when its value is changed.
- Fixed Time Remap > Image mode reverts to Nearest when reloading the filter.
- Fixed being unable to enter numeric values larger than 999 in some filters.
- Fixed Crop: Source > Center bias not working with media lower resolution than the video mode.
- Fixed presets with many keyframes not loading all keyframes.
- Fixed Properties > Image sequence does not turn off an image’s proxy resulting in a broken sequence.
- Fixed the initial state of View > Full Screen on Windows.
- Fixed adding a custom Export preset does not reload correctly.
- Fixed the About Shotcut window title missing shows “%1” instead of “Shotcut”.
Minor additions or changes
- Added shortcut Ctrl+T to focus the timecode field below the player.
- Added Romanian to Settings > Language.
- Added a restart dialog to Settings > Theme.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
Source of this news: https://www.neowin.net/news/shotcut-210518/
ESET researchers reveal a detailed profile of TA410: we believe this cyberespionage umbrella group consists of three different teams using different toolsets, including a new version of the FlowClou...
The value of safety has been drilled inside of our heads for as long as we are remember. Whether it's the fireman contacting us about not shopping with matches or mom reminding us to buckle r...
The PlayStation 5, which was released in The fall of 2020, has captivated blu-ray fans worldwide. Despite the decrease in a built-in web browser, the foregoing PlayStation allows you to acc...
by Vladimir Popescu Being an artist his entire life while also playing handball at a professional level, Vladimir has also developed a passion for all things computer-related. With an inna...
When PS5 gaming tactics, trendy apparel items and as well coveted sneakers sell out to be able to seconds, how do some people manage to snag impossible-to-buy remedies? Super-shoppers deploy a ...
INTRODUCTIONEvolutionary innovation of new protein functions is central to Darwinian adaptation. For example, bacterial efflux pumps evolved into antibiotic resistance proteins (1). Natural evolution...
Note: 18 rotations were planned for 2020, but five were cancelled due to COVID-19. WASHINGTON: The Army has cancelled a National Guard brigade’s planned deployment to Combat Training Center wargames ...
Learn the simple commands to install Plex Media Server on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Jammy JellyFish for creating your streaming server. Plex was started as a hobby project but with time, it develope...
How to Connect to a Proxy Server Proxy servers are beneficial because they act as mediators between your computer and the internet. They make online requests for you...
Hey there, I posted in the windows 10 forum and was asked to post here as I may have a stronger piece of malware on my computer. Here is my original post and the FRST.txt log and Addition.txt lo...
Shotcut is a free, open source, cross-platform video editor for Windows, Mac and Linux. Major features include support for a wide range of formats; no import required meaning native timeline editing...
In this section, you'll learn how simple file upload functions can be used as a powerful vector for a number of high-severity attacks. We'll show you how to bypass common defense mechanisms in order...
Talking to reporters at the White wines House before a meeting suffering from outgoing Israeli President Reuven Rivlin, Biden said he “authority under Article II” for this particular Sunday stri...
Find out how to use iCloud Private Relay following the latest iOS 15 update which enables you to hide your IP address in Safari and more. In this article, we unpick Apple’s latest feature which makes...
By the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “ Load Osciller Market : Completo Industry Trends, Share, Dimension, Growth, Opportunity and Predict 2021-2026 , ” the market to grow at ...
Private Internet Access is primarily a VPN provider. We’ll talk a bit more about VPNs later in this post, but what we really want is the SOCKS5 proxy that comes with their VPN service. So, head to P...
Roblox is an online game platform where users can design their games or play games by other users, but sometimes users will receive an error stating that “An error occurred while starting Roblox Stud...
Apple shared a bunch of big reveals at this year’s WWDC presentation, most of which were promptly overshadowed by the parade of new iOS 15 features. One of the biggest was the announcement of Private...